Monday, July 2, 2012

Good Afternoon fellow History Museum of Mobile fans!  I hope everyone had a restful weekend!
Today I am going to update you all on the work we did here at History Museum of Mobile last week.
It was a very exciting week because we began the process of actually putting things up in the gallery!  The main project for me was to learn how to put RTA vinyl lettering on walls and on boards.  The trick is to be careful and measure things out ahead of time.  I think it went really well, and only a few corrections, mid-application, had to be made.  I am posting pictures below, so you can form your own opinion.
Example of the themes we are putting on the walls and text panels

Applying the RTA to panels.  The Windex allows us to clean it properly so the lettering will stick to the board.

Measuring out for the main theme panels.  These will hang from the ceiling!

A completed RTA panel on board. 

Putting a quote on the wall. 

More of said quote.  It was big enough that both Jacob and I had to work on it. 

Also this past week I laid out all the comic books we are using in the exhibit.  Here is a sampling of some that will go in the exhibit. 



So there is a quick synopsis of last week!  It is really starting to come together. If anyone has a question make sure you leave it in the comments section.  Also the museum Instagram and twitter are following the progress of the exhibit with me, so be sure to check those out! 

Have a happy 4th of July!
-Christina





No comments:

Post a Comment