Friday, July 17, 2015

Week #5: The Sorcerer’s Stone



     It is finished. I have completed all of the books recommended for deaccessioning. All the books are in their correct boxes in alphabetical order and I have the list to prove it. I even printed this 21 page list off three times just in case anyone wants to buy a signed copy of it from me. I have gained a lot of new skills in just the short amount of time I have been here, drilling holes in walls, constructing books shelves, and creating bibliographies (which will really come in handy for my senior year of college, if only I had worked here sooner).
     Next on the list for me is preparing the list of books we recommend to keep, and once setting aside all of the binders and notebooks, I realized there really was not that much there. I am particularly excited to go through these books because I will get to see all of the rare books that Jack Friend owned. He has some books that are extremely rare from the late 1800’s.
     This week I crossed the mid-way point for my summer internship, I only have four weeks left. I am excited to see what else is in store for my time here. My logging of these other books will probably not take as long, now that I really know what I am doing, and putting them in alphabetical order will be so much faster now that I have the ABC’s memorized! I promise I am just kidding; I am always concerned my dry sense of humor will not translate when it is read.

No comments:

Post a Comment